Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Snow days and sick days.

I've been out of work since Monday (Monday was a holiday, and the Tuesday and today were snow days). One thing I love about North Carolina is that when it snows, and sticks, people panic. I find myself doing the same thing. I think of all the things I have to have at the grocery (eggs, bread, toilet paper, milk, etc) and then realize I've turned into the very thing I can't stand: a panicking redneck from BFE that can't handle a minor weather event without lapsing into a state of hysteria.

I've enjoyed my days off. I've laid around, watched an over-abundance of television, and did a whole lot of nothing. But, I've missed work, too. I've missed being out of the house, talking to other people, and just generally being busy. It's funny how it can be so hard for me to get up for work in the morning, but I definitely miss it when I'm not there.

I also am coming down with a cold. It actually doesn't surprise me. Of course I would get sick after having several days off from work. It's like my body just knows when I have other things that need to be done, besides laying around in my bed. So, I'll be going to work tomorrow. I'll be drugged up on whatever meds I can, but I'll be there.

I guess my several days of wasting away didn't help my cold go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment