Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I confess...

...I have a fear of baking with yeast.  Yeah, you know, the stuff you use to make bread?  Or cinnamon rolls?  Or whatever else.  Yeah, terrifies me.  I'm ok if I'm baking with my handy dandy bread machine because it does a LOT of the work for me (think: kneading.  Repeatedly).  BUT, when it comes to free-handing it, I'm pretty dern skerd.

So, here's my goal.  I'm thinking about making a batch of homemade bread this weekend.  Nothing too spectacular, maybe just a nice loaf of white bread.  But I need a good beginner's recipe.  Something that doesn't require special tools (think stand mixer) and can be done without stressing me the hell out.  So here's what I need from you guys.  Suggestions.  Email me at katiejoATsuddenlink.net or Facebook me or Twitter me (tweet me?) or whatever you want.  I'm a social media whore so I'm always on some social site or another.  Hell, you can even tag me on Pinterest if that's what floats your boat (hint, hint, Amanda).

And...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment